I’m back with another recipe today. Not sure if this would really qualify as a “recipeasy” (easy recipe) since it’s not something you can throw together in a minutes. But again, if I can do it, you can too. The steps are all simple and easy, there are just a few more of them. You got this!
Potato, Chickpea & Spinach Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 cans of vegetable broth
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan – cook onions for about 5 minutes, then add garlic and cook for a few more minutes, stirring until onions are softened and golden brown.
- Stir in the cumin and coriander – cook for another minute.
- Add stock and potatoes to the pan – bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the chickpeas and simmer for another 5-8 minutes or under the potatoes and chickpeas are just tender.
- Blend the cornstarch, cream and cayenne, salt and pepper together. Stir into the soup with the spinach.
- Bring to boil again, stirring and simmer for another 2-4 minutes.
- Season with cayenne, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer immediately. Yummmmm.
* I used just one can of veg broth (because I forgot to buy 2), so your soup will be brothier. Unless you want less broth. Choose your own broth destiny.
Great idea to do a soup post when it’s super hot, huh? I’m a genius, I know. But this is delish so figured I’d share anyways. And doesn’t spicy food burn extra calories or some crap? There ya go, it’s a summer food now! Ha.
Anyways have a good weekend everyone! It’s been h-o-t around us and our central air works great everywhere except for in the bedroom, so we are hoping to get that fixed. Again, the joys of home ownership. Have a good one!
And check out my one million giveaways too – $75 to Anthropologie, giveaway at Mish Lovin Life, giveaway at Penniless Socialite, giveaway at Sunny with a Chance of Sprinkles and twitter giveaway at When in Doubt Just Add Glitter. Also check out my sponsorship options – looking for July sponsors and would love to help promote your blogs!