It’s freezing. Well it might not be freezing where everyone lives (jerks), but for the rest of us, winter is in full force. I previously mentioned some ways to get over the holiday blues. But what about good ol’ winter blues/stir craziness?
For me, I lose a lot of motivation in the winter. But it’s such a great time to get super annoying things done. Here are some things I hope to get done this winter and/or ideas for others to keep occupied in the winter and avoid stir craziness!
1. Clean out your closets. In the fall, I gave some of my closet clean-out tips, so get to it!
2. Binge-watch a new favorite show on Netflix. Some of my person suggestions – Community (but not last season), Dr. Who, Lost, 24, Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Arrested Development.
3. Clean out your pantries. Trust me – they are probably disgusting and full of expired food. Get rid of that crap. And if you’ve made a ‘get healthy’ resolution, this is a perfect time to get rid of the junk food.
4. Get a hobby or work on an old hobby. I’ve been working on photography more and have been trying my hand at painting a bit too. I’m not great but it’s better than being outside!
5. Online shop. I know most/all of the holiday sales are over now, but there will still be some good sales here and there. I wait until I get an email for a good sale, buy enough to get the promo/free shipping (and I also use Ebates to get some extra cash back). Often I don’t like everything I bought but I can easily take things back to the store and I got the sale/free shipping without having to leave my house (until I have returns). Cheap and lazy!
6. Do some workout dvd’s. Too cold to venture out the gym? No problem – get some home workout dvd’s, do workouts on ondemand or youtube workouts. And, if you’re like me, you can have a full pug audience while you’re working out. Super helpful. Here are some of my faves - Ballet Beautiful dvd, Ballet Conditioning dvd and 10 Minute Standing Abs youtube workout.
7. Clean your house. It’s boring but we need to do it. Do all the crap you don’t want to do – vacuum behind furniture, clean the baseboards, clean the ceiling fan blades, bleach everything. It’ll be good.
8. Cuddle your pets. They will help keep you warm. That’s what I’ll be doing lots of this winter!
Any other suggestions for the boring but necessary (minus the pet snuggling) things we should all do this winter? How was everyone’s weekend? I finally de-Christmas-ed the house, which was both annoying and sad. I wish all the twinkles! Oh and if you’re one of those people who has good winter weather like my sponsor Kelly below, try not to rub it in too much!
I love Kelly so go check her out!