For me, I lose a lot of motivation in the winter. But it's such a great time to get super annoying things done. Here are some things I hope to get done this winter and/or ideas for others to keep occupied in the winter and avoid stir craziness!
1. Clean out your closets. In the fall, I gave some of my closet clean-out tips, so get to it!
2. Binge-watch a new favorite show on Netflix. Some of my person suggestions - Community (but not last season), Dr. Who, Lost, 24, Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Arrested Development.
3. Clean out your pantries. Trust me - they are probably disgusting and full of expired food. Get rid of that crap. And if you've made a 'get healthy' resolution, this is a perfect time to get rid of the junk food.
4. Get a hobby or work on an old hobby. I've been working on photography more and have been trying my hand at painting a bit too. I'm not great but it's better than being outside!
5. Online shop. I know most/all of the holiday sales are over now, but there will still be some good sales here and there. I wait until I get an email for a good sale, buy enough to get the promo/free shipping (and I also use Ebates to get some extra cash back). Often I don't like everything I bought but I can easily take things back to the store and I got the sale/free shipping without having to leave my house (until I have returns). Cheap and lazy!
6. Do some workout dvd's. Too cold to venture out the gym? No problem - get some home workout dvd's, do workouts on ondemand or youtube workouts. And, if you're like me, you can have a full pug audience while you're working out. Super helpful. Here are some of my faves - Ballet Beautiful dvd, Ballet Conditioning dvd and 10 Minute Standing Abs youtube workout.
7. Clean your house. It's boring but we need to do it. Do all the crap you don't want to do - vacuum behind furniture, clean the baseboards, clean the ceiling fan blades, bleach everything. It'll be good.
8. Cuddle your pets. They will help keep you warm. That's what I'll be doing lots of this winter!
Any other suggestions for the boring but necessary (minus the pet snuggling) things we should all do this winter? How was everyone's weekend? I finally de-Christmas-ed the house, which was both annoying and sad. I wish all the twinkles! Oh and if you're one of those people who has good winter weather like my sponsor Kelly below, try not to rub it in too much!
* * * * *
Now I want to introduce you to the awesome and hilarious Kelly from Petite Ramblings. She is a total sweetheart and also hilarious. Enjoy her fun answers to the random interview questions I asked her below -
Do you think you would survive a zombie apocalypse?
Hmm, I guess I've watched enough Walking Dead that I think I'd make it. Plus when I go to the gun range, I'm always getting head shots! I'd need food though. Once the food was gone and we all had to share a can of dog food, I'd prob just throw in the towel. I'm not the kind of person people wanna be around when I'm HANGRY haha
If you had a whole day off to do nothing, what would be your Netflix binge session?
I'd be picking through the Documentary section. I love watching documentaries so much! And all kinds, like anything from ones about the food industry to ones about the West Memphis Three to ones about people who were effected by the economy crash, etc. Documentaries are so cool. I love them.
What's your biggest fear?
I seriously hate spiders so much. I want them to just GO AWAY. My biggest fear is getting bit by one and dying or being deformed because of it. There are black widows EVERYWHERE out here in southern California. I spent the night at a friends house recently and woke up to find a black widow at the end of the bed. I SLEPT WITH IT! I can't even.
I'm also terrified of being in a horrible car crash. The LA freeways are the scariest roads I've even been on and there are accidents everywhere all the time. I'm so paranoid, I try to avoid going on them.
What is your dream car?
I'm so not flashy with this, my boyfriend makes fun of me for it. He picks things like a Ferrari and a Tessla and I'm like A JEEP! Until there were a bunch of recalls recently, so now my dream car is a little fancier and I'll take a Range Rover Sport. Please and thank you.
If you could meet any person, living or dead, who would you choose?
So many! But as of right now, I'm gonna go with Ronda Rousey. If you're unfamiliar she's #1 in women's UFC and is seriously a bad ass woman. Not just because she can fight. I admire her focus, determination, success, and just the strength of her soul. One of my favorite quotes of hers is "some people like to call me cocky or arrogant, but I just think 'how dare you assume I should think less of myself?'"
I love Kelly so go check her out!