Welcome to another Recipeasy from me (see below for past Recipeasies, a.k.a. easy peasy recipes). Since my last week or so has been me eating tons of birthday desserts, I decided to make more dessert! Smart, eh?
I had a couple peaches that were super ripe and wanted to use them up before they went bad. Also, I hate peach skin so I have to peel them anyways. I decided to make a fruit crisp and adapted this recipe, which was for an apple crisp. I actually made a smaller portion (and didn't measure anything, oops) and actually didn't make enough crumble topping for my liking. But, the below recipe should work much better for a 9x14 dish. Oh and the berry mix I used was frozen blueberries, raspberries and blackberries (all of which were from my fancy gardener mom except for the blueberries.)
Peach Berry Crisp
- 2-3 peeled and sliced ripe peaches
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen berries (thawed)
- 1/8 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 pound cold unsalted butter, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a 9x14 baking dish.
- Pour sliced peaches and berries into the dish with 1/8 cup white sugar.
- Mix the topping ingredients with a paddle of an electric mixer or by hand. Mix until it is crumbly and scatter over fruit.
- Bake for 1 hour until the topping is brown and the fruit is bubbly.
- Serve warm with ice cream and yum it up.
Are you a fan of fruit desserts? (If not, don't worry - I ate plenty of chocolate over the weekend too!) Check out my past Recipeasies by clicking below.
Don't forget I have a fun birthday giveaway going on for $15 to Amazon here. I am also giving away $10 to Starbucks over at Glam Hungry Mom (and there is also ad space from With Love, Rachel). Good luck on both and check back here tomorrow for another giveaway.
Also I am offering 19% off of all ad spots this week with code "bday" - go check out my sponsor options. Would love to help you grow your blog or business!