I have stalked the gorgeous shoes on expensive websites for weeks but those mothers are pricey. Why! So I have been searching high and low for non-traditional but affordable shoes. I know you don't really see your wedding shoes much, but I really want something fun and unique. So here are some various options all under $150 (including a pair that I just bought for myself - can you guess which ones?) with my tips for shoe searching below -
1. yellow pumps $128 / 2. stripe mini wedge $120 / 3. gold heels $80 / 4. oxfords $140 / 5. rose gold heels $90 / 6. silver flats $55 / 7. blue flats $98 / 8. vintage peep toe $138 / 9. bows $32
My tips for finding unique wedding shoes -
1. Stalk your favorite pricey websites (bhldn and Kate Spade, I'm looking at you!) and impatiently wait for sales or promo codes. I got the above oxford shoes (#4) from bhldn when they went on sale. I've noticed that bhldn tends to run out of sizes pretty quickly when shoes go on sale, so act quick! I figure I can return them if I don't love them in person (but I'm hoping that I love them - my dress has a kinda vintage-y feel so I wanted shoes that would be fun and complement my dress).
2. Instead of only looking at bridal shops or for bridal shoes, search your favorite online stores and look at the evening/dress shoes. There are some cool options out there (such as on Macy's, Nordstrom, Piperlime, etc). Again, some can be pricey, but see tip #1.
3. Check out Etsy for something customized. I have some cool Etsy options above which are reasonably priced. I would just make sure that you either absolutely 100% want the shoes or there is a good return policy. You don't want to get stuck with shoes you don't love. If I'm not in love with the shoes I ordered from bhldn, I might order those peep toes from Etsy (#8).
4. Get crafty. If you're crafty, get some simple shoes and zhush them up with some bling. If you're not super crafty, you can even just get shoe shoe clips to add some personalization. The bows above would be an easy way to add your wedding colors to your shoes. There are also some great affordable blingy shoe clips out there too.
Anyone have awesome shoes at their wedding or shoe shopping now too? What kind of shoes did you wear / what are your dream weddings shoes? I want to see other pretty shoes!
* * * * *And now I want to introduce you to Kaity from (Bee)autiful Blessings - check out my fun interview with her and go visit her lovely blog!
You have a whole day to do nothing - what would you binge watch on Netflix?
I'm a sucker for awful, reality TV so probably something on TLC. My most recent binge was all 10 seasons of 19 Kids and Counting. It's my most embarrassing guilty pleasure.
Would you survive the zombie apocalypse?
Absolutely not. I am such a wimp and have no fear of death. That being said, I don't know why, but I feel like I would make an awesome zombie.
What's your biggest fear?
I have a lot, though none of them are unique- snakes, drowning, losing a loved one.
Favorite amusement park you've been to or would like to visit?
DISNEY WORLD!!! I am a sucker for Disney magic. My husband has never been and I'm dying to take him. I haven't been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter yet, so we'll have to make a pit stop there, too!
Are you a morning or night person?
Can I choose neither? I'm a huge fan of sleep and am not a super fun person to be around in the morning. But I also get cranky and sleepy at night. Basically, I spend like 50% of my day being a grump. Your best bet is to get me at lunch time :) Also, on a totally unrelated note, my husband is a lucky, lucky man. Ha!
What's your favorite junk food?
There are too many to choose from! I eat fast food way more than I should- Wendy's french fries in a Frosty is the most delicious combo known to man. Also, we eat pizza at least once a week. It's a wonder I don't weigh a metric ton, honestly.
I'm a huge Disney World lover too and can't wait to check out Wizarding World of Harry Potter one day ahhh. Love Kaity and her blog so be sure to check her out! Happy Friday everyone and have a great weekend!